Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Well Would Ya Look At That! DJ Mister Cee Encourages Sexual Freedom And Safety In New PSA



Well What a way to turn a sad song around!

“The decision I have made to open up about my sexuality has definitely been the most difficult thing I have ever had to do in my life, but I felt like this was the time for me to do it personally and professionally. For me, I felt worried about how my family would be affected, how my co-workers and my friends and even my fans would be affected by this decision because in this hip hop community of ours, it’s not cool to be gay. It’s not cool to be bisexual. I felt that if I was to actually be honest about myself that nobody would actually want to just deal with me anymore. The more that I kept lying and the more that I kept trying to deceive you and myself, the more that I was just being more closed in and not really being who I really am.
I also  came to realize that the more that I kept this secret, kept lying and kept trying to be deceitful to the people that I love, I wasn’t really helping myself or anybody else who probably could need help out there. But with the grace of family and good friends around me, they made me feel comfortable to exercise  my human rights for sexual freedom instead of finding myself being self detained by discrimination, judgement, criticism, and even violence from my own community.
I thank God that I have friends and family that are going to hold me down and make sure that I’m alright. I got tired of lying and hiding, but I’m here to tell you today that your don’t have to lie or hide no more about your sexual freedom. This is why I have teamed up with the AIDS healthcare Foundation. I am choosing to speak for myself and a new sexual revolution. Today, right now, it’s about sexual freedom. You don’t have to be afraid, but you do have to be careful and protect yourself."

He later went on to reveal some disturbing statistics!


"Did you know the each month 1,000s of youths are infected with HIV and 1 in 3 new infections are from young adults ages 13 through 24. Did you also know that young black and Latina women account for over 70% of HIV infections in there age group? Hey the numbers don't lie!"

WOW! Well I for one am really glad he found a way to turn such a negative situation into a positive one. Despite what the general public lead themselves to believe. what Celebrities and public figures do in their private lives is just that PRIVATE! outing someone or making there personal preferences come to light will not make you famous or any better of a person you just make yourself and those around you look bad. 

Back to the point, HIV and STD's is a problem not just rocking the nation but the W O R L D! If you are sexually active you are at risk. Weather you sleep with one person, 20 or 200 over the corse of your lifetime you need to make sure you get tested regularly. Is trusting someones "Word" more important then your own health and future?

As The Statistics showed in the video HIV is not confined to the Male GLBT community or any one particular race. HIV and STD's know no gender, race or sexual orientation so single person on the planet can get it! Make sure you get tested in a location near you!

Stay Safe Lovers

xoxo
Love Always,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment