Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Toronto Raptors Sign Drake on as there New Global Ambassador, 'Nothing Was The Same' Drake Album Review and New Video for 'Hold On Were Going Home'




Now y'all know that I'm a huge fan of Drake's Sexy yellow behind!

But I Shall Be Objective

Objective or not Drake has A LOT to smile about.

With the 2016 NBA all star game taking place in Toronto (Drakes Home Town) the raptors officially tapped Drake to be the teams Global Ambassador and host of the game!
 "I'm extremely passionate about two things: my city and my family. Being up here with my new family, these gentlemen, I'm extremely excited. Everywhere I go, I preach the gospel that is Toronto...I can't wait for All-Star 2016," he said. "I'm here always for the city." Drake Went On To Say “I’m really out here with the people, I’m in touch with what they want to see,” Drake said at a news conference Monday confirming Toronto as the 2016 host. “I really just want excitement for this team. I want us to be one of the biggest teams in the league.”


Not only that with "Hold On Were Going Home" Steadily climbing the charts Drake Released This accompanying video



Although I applaud Drake for giving us yet another cinematic video and not continuing on the l trend as most of his predecessors and competition with nothing but bitches money and drugs. With that being said I have to say something about the overall feel of this video came off a bit inauthentic. set in Miami in 1985 gave an old vice feel The video is good for what it was but what I didn't understand was why ASAP Rocky got a whole monologue in the beginning?! I too wish he wasn't so damn ugly either LOL I just don't see Drake being about "That Life" and although it wasn't intended to imply that he WAS about that life. something about the video didn't quite work for me.




 Nothing Was The Same 
Standout Tracks

From Time - Ft. Jhene Aiko- " I Love Me, I Love me enough for the both of us. Thats why you trust me, I know you've been through most of us. So what are you, what are you so afraid of? Darling you, you can give but can not take love..." Sing's Jhene Aiko in the beginning of this mid tempo number being that she's the first collab on the album thus far her voice comes as  a cool surprise. Drake then goes on to rap about how having unlimited romantic options isn't always the best thing. Forgetting what kind of woman he wanted in the first place Drake takes us on a trip down memory lane with whimsical quips and a killer beat.

Hold On, We're Going Home- Boasting a beat and a tempo unlike anything else on the album its not hard to see why this is a stand out track.

The Language - With a haunting Melody Drake flex's another muscle on this track boasting not only his rap skills but his money, cars and women. "She Just wana Smoke and fuck, I said 'Girl thats all we do.' Ok, Now your talking my language, Now your talking my language..." with one of the catchiest hooks on the album I deff was feeling the swagger on this whole track.

305 To My City Ft Detail - One thing you can't say is that Drake doesn't make music for the ladies! "Your Hustle Never Goes Unnoticed Baby I'm With You, I'm With It..." Drake makes every female feel like he's speaking directly to her. Congratulating her on always staying on her grind and out doing these pimps cause "Numbers Don't Lie To My Baby..."

Too Much Ft Sampha- In this personal track drake talks about how "Nothing Was The Same" in his life or with his family. Speaking about his mother and uncle how they got complacent with the life hes provided for them. New comer Sampha sings a haunting a chorus telling drake not to think about the things you cant change too much. Drakes more personal songs are always some of his best work to date.

Pound Cake/ Paris Morton Music Part 2 Ft Drake - As Far as this albums line up goes This song is a deff stand out but against his pervious works especially "Light Up" from 'Thank Me Later' Its a little more then mediocre.

Come Thru- Drake puts his game on full blast as he tries to convince some girl to ditch her responsibilities and to come thru. Well Let me just leave it at this..... I Would came thru best believe lmao

All in all this was a solid showing by drake but not even close to the epicness that was "Thank Me Later". 


Over All Grade
B-

Should you Cop "Nothing Was The Same"?

If your a fan of his previous work then you wont be disappointed with this showing.


Well Thats All For Now

xoxo
Love Always,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment